July 12, 2010

Failed Attempt at Motherhood

I have two teenagers in my house. Great boys, love them to death, but I feel like strangling them 10% of the time. Maybe it's the attitude, or their inability to pick up their junk, or they way the rest of the fam suffers when they are in a bad mood. Whatever the situation might be, sometimes they push me over the edge. WAY over. At times, as I am tumbling over that edge, I have been know to develop a potty mouth. Not a stellar moment as a parent, I know, but sadly it's true.

So with this in mind, here is a recent conversation I had with Zach and Linds:

Lindsey (sobbing): "Mom! Mom! Bryson said a bad word!" (more crying, not the "I'm in pain" cry, but the "someone hurt my feelings real bad"cry)

Me: "I'm sorry sweetie, did he hurt your feelings?"

Lindsey: "Uh-huh."

Me: "Do you want to tell me about it?"

Lindsey: "I can't, it's TOO sad!"

Me: "Ooo, that's not good."

Zach (just arriving on the scene): "Mom, Bryson said a bad word."

Me: "Do you want to tell me what happened?"

Zach: "Promise you won't be mad?"

Me (not sure I want to know anymore): "Promise."

Zach: "He said....shhhhhhh...(whispering now).....shhhhhhhhut-up!"

Me (feeling relieved): "Boy that is sad."

Zach (very matter-of-factly): "Yeah, he's such an ASS."

3 comments:

Wanna-be-Cowgirl (aka Emily) said...

Holy Smokes! You're back blogging! You have a lot to catch up on...

Karen said...

Oh that is classic!! I wish that was the worst of it around here. My kids have never heard me say some words...so it was quite a shock when my five year old told me that her seven year old sister said a bad word at her. The "F" word as it turns out. YIKES!!I was praying for a "shut up" that day.

Carrie said...

I don't often laugh out loud at blog stories, but that one gave me a great laugh