January 29, 2009

Dumb-De-Dumb-Dumb....

So, I'm like not the best speller in the world. Never been one of my strengths. But today I have officially reached an all time most embarrassing spelling moment. It came about innocently enough, with a quick spell check of an email I was sending to a friend to help catch my most horrible spelling errors. Upon clicking the "Spell Check" button, this was the response:

"Spell Check does not support for Fijian. However we were able to spell check the English text in your message."

FIJIAN?? Are you kidding me?? Like I need any more reminders that I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to spelling. Like I don't feel like a total dunce when the kids ask for help with their math homework. Like I don't know that most of my schooling was put into short term memory. And sometimes, ok lets make that nearly all the time, I wish my brain had a Google search engine for the things I remember learning, but just don't remember......But Fijian? AHHH! Somebody help me!!

Note- Stop laughing Emily. Now. I mean it.

5 comments:

keri said...

love you sadie...you are hilarious!!! i think one of the reasons we have kids is so we can 're-learn' with them all the things we forgot when we were young and in school!! i wish i had a google search in my brain too.
smiles

Jesse_Jay87 said...

YAYA YOU HAVE A BLOG!
how did I just find out about this.

my goodness the kids are so grown up now.

Shi said...

I didn't know you were bilingual! You are so talented! LOL

Emily said...

What's really sad is that when I got that email...I didn't see any misspelled words. Maybe I speak Fijian too!?!?

Carrie said...

Great story. Spelling is defiantly my worst subject! I am so grateful for spell check that will at least correct the english words. Now I won't be so shocked someday when I get that error!